Friday, June 8, 2012

Very "Masonic" day yesterday.

So I needed to go up to 397 yesterday to work on some degree work with Br. Rich. My 8yo. son is out of school for the summer so he had to come with me. He absolutely enjoyed the experience. When I took him upstairs to show him the lodge, he was very inquisitive and was looking at everything. The Tyler's sword was particularly cool to him. The whole way home and then some I heard about how cool the "big room upstairs is". Only 11 more years and he can join the fraternity. Last night I traveled to Tuscan Lodge #342 in Jefferson Ohio. Several of the brothers there were at my raising. The lodge is really cool. It has very high ceilings in the lodge room and a huge mural on the wall in the East. Watched another passing, the WM's brother. After eating some delicious chicken dumpling soup, and enjoying the fellowship, I was given a tour of the lodge by the WM. The lodge has a "Smoking Room" which is now something of a museum for the lodge, off of this room there is the "Billiard Room" which has a pool table, a billiard table, and a ping pong table. They have special dispensation to have lodge in the "Billiard Room" and have an altar, aprons, jewels, and plenty of chairs. This lodge was designed and built as such, in if i remember correctly 1892. The age shows but adds to the feel of the lodge. I definitely look forward to heading back in Sept. after the lodge reconvenes. So over all it was a very "Masonic" day form me. Going to my home lodge tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment